In Mexico City you don’t need to sacrifice small luxuries while travelling; no matter what your budget, you’ll find a spa experience to suit you and believe me, you will deserve it after a few days of accustoming to the magnitude, magnificence and mayhem of Mexico City. Here are my tips on the three I reviewed for my blog post.
Paseo de la Reforma 465 Col. Cuauhtemoc. Mexico, D.F. 06500
- Website available in English here.
- The spa is located within the five-star Marquis Reforma hotel which offers special packages including accommodation and cultural tours, as well as spa treatments.
- Pool is adults only.
- The Egyptian Bath is their signature treatment. For a list of treatments, see here.
- Includes 10 treatment rooms, a hydrotherapy tub, Swiss shower, Jacuzzi, steam bath, pool and sauna, a fitness centre and a beauty salon.
Morelos 70, Colonia Juarez between Bucareli and Reforma.
Tel: (55) 553 50330
- Offers Chinese, French and Thai massage, reflexology, ionic detoxification and chiropractic, all at extremely reasonable prices. Most treatments cost less than $30 USD.
- They have an out of date Facebook page with pictures here.
- Laid back atmosphere. You can go with a group and be massaged in unison.
- Its location means you only have to struggle your way along a few blocks from the historic centre to be transported far from the chaos.
Real Clinic and Spa
69 and 169P, first floor, SEARS building, Plaza Tezontle. Av. Canal de Texontle 1511 and 1512, Col. Alfonso Ortíz Tirado. TEL: 9129 1491
- Please note that this spa is located in the Parque Tezontle shopping centre in one of city’s suburbs and not an area frequented by tourists. I would advise you check out shopping centres closer to your accommodation unless of course you happen to be in the Parque Tezontle area then by all means you should visit.
- Don’t be deceived by the small reception area, tucked behind you’ll find a sauna, relaxation area, treatment rooms and showering room.
- For a treatment that smells as good as it feels, I recommend the chocolate wrap.